Legal Know How
Having lifelong interest in engineering and motor vehicles, Philip began his career as a mechanical and structural engineer. He designed and built two cars for himself (among other things), before switching his career path to enter law. Once qualified, Philip spent the best part of 25 years in City of London law firms, advising and acting for Lloyds of London Syndicates, as well as tariff insurers and corporate entities. Philip has extensive experience in the High Court, Court of Appeal and House of Lords work. He became a specialist in technical cases, establishing a career where he could talk to the engineer about law and the lawyer about engineering, in terms that both parties could understand! Philip is still actively involved in motor sport and rallying. He continues to work for Lawgistics part-time in a consultant capacity.
Time with Lawgistics
Philip joined the legal team in 2010.
Written by Philip Strickland
- Legal Updates
- Classic Car Warranties
- “BACK TO THE FUTURE” or “Plus ca change, plus c’est la même chose”
- Personalised number plates
- Formula One cars are high speed laboratories
- This Morris is major not minor
- Regarding restoration
- BREXIT – The possible implications
- Continuous cover for all motorised vehicles
- VAT exemption when exporting new vehicles to the EU
- Blocks of ice