Legal Know How
Jason worked in local government from 1989 to 2012, spending much of his latter time as a qualified Trading Standards Officer, including roles as Lead Officer for Consumer Education and, separately, for Consumer Advice. He passed the Diploma in Consumer Affairs (which he then went on to teach) passing examinations in a number of specialised subjects including Consumer Civil Law, Practical Consumer Advice, Consumer Credit, Fair Trading Law and Road Traffic Act Enforcement. Jason is also a qualified and practising Chartered Legal Executive and has been a Fellow since 2005. He is qualified in subjects (level 6) that include Contract Law, Law of Tort, Commercial Law, Civil Litigation, Criminal Litigation, Criminal Law, Law of Evidence and Intellectual Property Law. Moving on from local government to Lawgistics, Jason is employed as our Trading Standards expert and advises clients on all aspects of civil and criminal laws regulated by Trading Standards, intervening when they exceed their powers or demonstrate insufficient understanding. The majority of Jason’s time is spent assisting clients with any motor related legal disputes they have with consumers and helping them to write claims, defences, witness statements as well as drafting a raft of court documents and robustly worded letters.
Time with Lawgistics
Jason joined the legal team in 2013.
Written by Jason Williams
- Legal Updates
- Furlough – “Please sir, can I have some more?”
- Catching the Storm – or Catching a Cold? The Importance of Actual Rejection
- Buying from the Auction? Just remember your ABC and D…
- MOT Testers and Authorised Examiners – please be vigilant
- No finance recorded on HPI but there actually was?
- Santa Claus is coming to town – with a fine!
- Can’t check over a part-exchange car? DO NOT give the new car to your customer!
- Online Auctions – Bid for Lamb, Ended up with Mutton?
- Are some Motor Factors overlooking Distance Selling laws?
- Distance Selling / Off-Premises Sales – Who is responsible when the goods are cancelled?