The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) have produced information on their website drawing attention to the fact that ‘Health and Safety’ is sometimes used as an excuse for not employing someone with a disability when in fact it is unfounded.
They have drawn on a number of facts concerning the employment of disabled people including:
- disabled people have less sick leave, work accidents and stay longer in their jobs
- 20% of the workforce (6.9 million people) have some form of disability/impairment
- 17% of people are born with a disability, the rest acquire it during their life
- ‘reasonable adjustments’ can be on a temporary basis
- with muscular skeletal disorders (MSDs), by changing the task, the equipment or workload, the risk of MSDs can be significantly reduced
Employers should remember that local job centres can put them in touch with Disability Employment Advisors.
Composer is a next-gen automotive platform that has been designed from the ground up to give you an intuitive way to promote your stock. You have extensive stock management options, and you'll gain a brilliantly responsive new website to advertise your stock, starting at just £39.99/month.