Head of Legal Services / Solicitor
Legal Know How
Nona is our Head of Legal Services and SRA Training Principal. She qualified as a solicitor in 2013 while working at London based Edwards Duthie Shamash. She then spent a year at Citizens Advice as an Advice Session Supervisor/Solicitor managing a team of volunteer advisors and delivering training before becoming an in-house solicitor at Lawgistics in September 2014. Nona advises members of the Motor Trade Association on legal matters both existing and emerging, and during her time at Lawgistics, she has risen to become the UK’s motor trade expert in consumer law and was nominated for the Barbara Cox Woman of the Year award in 2021. Nona regularly authors articles for the motor industry and has been quoted in both the trade and national press. Over the Covid lockdowns, she was regularly asked to appear on webinars with Car Dealer Magazine and Auto Trader to provide advice on best trading practices, issues around furlough and the motor trade in general. Nona is CIPD qualified to design bespoke training courses which she delivers to the motor trade at all levels.
Time with Lawgistics
Nona joined the legal team in 2014.
Written by Nona Bowkis
- Legal Updates
- Court deadlines MUST be met
- Lawgistics Litigation for the Motor Trade CIC – four months in
- Motor Vehicle Block Exemption Order (MVBEO)
- Court management service raises money for charity
- Data Protection is real and mistakes can cost your business
- The price of going to court
- Can my employees tell me it is too hot to work?
- Help! I am being chased for interest and compensation against invoices I paid years ago
- Car Dealers and Consumers – A Modern Day Tale
- The real difference between claims under and over £10k