HSE prosecute fuel injection specialists after worker set on fire

A recent prosecution of Swadlincote Diesel Fuel Injection Services Ltd highlights again the damages of fuel flammability.  A 23 year old apprentice was seriously burned when a colleague used waste fuel to get a fire going.  
 
Although the apprentice protected his face, his clothing caught fire causing burns to his arms, hands and neck.  Although instances such as this may seem acts of stupidity on individuals, HSE put a level of culpability on the employer for storing waste fuel in an unlabelled container left near the entrance.  
 
The Company were fined 8000 and ordered to pay 4000 costs.

Published: 30 Apr 2012

Comments

To ensure you are a real person signing up and to prevent automated signups (spamming) could we ask you to copy the letters and numbers shown below into the box.

(cAse SeNSItivE!)

There are no comments



Share this Article