Distance Selling, Internet Sales & Delivering Vehicles
What you need to know to avoid giving customers more than a year to return their vehicle for a full refund
The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 defines 3 types of retail sales: on premises, off premises and distance. It requires car dealers to supply certain information for each type of sale. The consequences for not providing the correct information for off premises sales can be prosecution and for distance sales, it can mean giving a consumer extended rights.
This session sets out the information required on all sales, but with a particular focus on distance and off premises sales, so you will understand your legal obligations and how you can use the law to your benefit to minimise financial loss.
- The correct paperwork you need to give your customers
- What deductions you can make if a customer returns a vehicle
- Is a deposit different to a reservation fee?
- When is a distance sale not actually a distance sale?
- What do the courts say about distance sales?
- What happens if a customer is not given the correct paperwork
- Delivery by one of our in-house legal experts
- Course materials
- Certificate of Attendance
£155.00 (£186.00 incl. VAT)
If you have any questions then please call 01480 455500
Get in touch
Complete the form to get in touch or via our details below: