Data Protection Refresher
Why data protection matters to everyone in the motor trade
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a European law incorporated into UK law via The Data Protection Act 2018. GDPR was a big topic in 2018, and despite its lower profile in 2023, it remains an area all motor trade businesses and employees must understand to protect themselves from complaints, fines, and prosecution.
GDPR applies to everyone in a business and this session looks at what can go wrong, and how mistakes and a lack of processes may lead to prosecution and financial penalties.
Whether you are a director or an employee, you need a data protection refresher, or to learn the basics, this session will help you and your business stay on the right side of the law.
- A brief history of data protection
- Why data protection matters
- What actions might lead to a criminal prosecution
- Fines and compensation claims
- What privacy policies need to cover
- How businesses and individuals can protect themselves from complaints
- Real life case studies
- Delivery by one of our in-house legal experts
- Course materials
- Certificate of Attendance
£155.00 (£186.00 incl. VAT)
If you have any questions then please call 01480 455500
Get in touch
Complete the form to get in touch or via our details below: