PRS, PPL and TV Licences?

If you have a TV in a customer waiting area or staffing area that broadcasts radio or music channels, you may also be required to have a PRS and PPL Licence as well. 

According to the PRS Website, this is because A TV licence permits you to receive certain broadcast signals. It is not concerned with copyright material. If you play copyright music in public by any means you are likely to need a Music Licence. PRS for Music licenses the public performance of music that is included on TV such as theme tunes, adverts and music played within films and TV programmes.
By the same token, a PPL licence will also be required.

Published: 12 Nov 2012


To ensure you are a real person signing up and to prevent automated signups (spamming) could we ask you to copy the letters and numbers shown below into the box.

(cAse SeNSItivE!)

There are no comments

Share this Article