Legal Know How
Howard has worked in the legal profession for more than 30 years where he has been responsible for his own casework plus departmental management duties. He completed his law degree after attending night school twice a week for five years from 2002 onwards. He then joined Balfour Law Ltd in April 2009 until its merger in March 2014. He specialised in commercial dispute resolution, including intellectual property disputes. He assisted in all aspects of the business to include recruitment, as well as supervising and training staff in process and procedure. His person injury practice included, among other things, accidents at work, road traffic accidents and a product liability claim. In 2014, Howard joined Lawgistics as a senior in-house litigator providing assistance and support to a range of clients withing the UK Retail Motor Industry. He provides regular updates on changes to relevant legislation with online guidance notes, pro forma templates and administrative stationery to ensure members compliance with the law.
Time with Lawgistics
Howard joined the legal team in 2014.
Written by Howard Tilney
- Legal Updates
- Ambush! – Application to revisit determined arguments and introduce new claims refused
- Opportunistic and misconceived claim for psychological harm struck out at a preliminary hearing
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and its flaws
- Defamation – How suing for libel and slander is easier said than done!
- Contractual Mistake – Consumer bound by intended price rather than the price given by the trader in error…
- E10 fuel to replace petrol and what it means?
- Cessation of MOT licence averted
- Lawgistics Google reviews – 1* from a consumer is as good as 5* from a member
- Lord Denning strikes back, AGAIN!
- Attention service and repair providers! Do you pay corporation tax?