Motorhouse 2000 Ltd fined for chemical injuries to boy on work experience

A 16 year old boy suffered burns from remnants of toxic paint stripper when assisting another employee refilling a wheel stripping tank according to a recent HSE report.  The boy was cutting labels off containers in order to aid their disposal and some of the product left in the container flicked up into his eyes and his face.  His vision was seriously affected for a month and he experienced scarring on his face.

Effectively the company failed to avoid exposure to the chemical and should have provided him with safety goggles.

The company was fined 4000 and had to pay costs of 6319.

Published: 28 May 2013

Comments

To ensure you are a real person signing up and to prevent automated signups (spamming) could we ask you to copy the letters and numbers shown below into the box.

(cAse SeNSItivE!)

There are no comments



Share this Article