Windermere Auto Centre ordered to pay over £11000 for employee burnt after cutting drum top off

HSE reported a 26 year old employee used a propane torch to remove an oil drum lid so the drum could be used to store scrap metal.  

Unfortunately the residue of the oil caught fire and exploded causing burns to the employee’s arms and legs and requiring 5 days in hospital.  

The company were fined £6,000, ordered to pay £4746 costs and a £500 compensation payment to the employee.

Published: 05 Feb 2013

Comments

To ensure you are a real person signing up and to prevent automated signups (spamming) could we ask you to copy the letters and numbers shown below into the box.

(cAse SeNSItivE!)

There are no comments



Share this Article