Legal Article - Business Law

Sole Trading and Partnerships

Any sole trader or partnership using a trade name must have on all their documentation, particularly business Order Forms, Invoices, Letter Headings and other business stationery, the names of the Proprietor and, in the case of a partnership, each partner.

In addition there must be an address in the UK for each person where legal documents may be served. This address can be the office premises and does NOT have to be a private home address.

The same information must be on a notice or sign prominently displayed on part of the premises to which the public have access and where transactions are made. Displaying your Consumer Credit Licence will generally meet this requirement.

Published: 16 Mar 2011


To ensure you are a real person signing up and to prevent automated signups (spamming) could we ask you to copy the letters and numbers shown below into the box.

(cAse SeNSItivE!)

There are no comments

Share this Article

Related Articles