Legal Article - Business Law

Can I get a County Court Judgment (CCJ) removed?


CCJs are added to the Register of Judgments from which credit reference agencies such as Experian, Equifax and Call Credit take the information to add to your credit report.

You can get a CCJ removed if you pay the amount owed within a month of the judgment.

You could get a CCJ removed if you successfully apply for the judgment to be set aside.

You could also get a CCJ removed if it was entered incorrectly.

Otherwise, it will fall off after 6 years or be marked as ‘satisfied’ if you pay the debt off after the first month of entry. If you do pay it off after the first month, the CCJ will remain and it may be useful to apply to the court for a certificate of satisfaction as evidence it has been paid.

Author: Nona Bowkis

Published: 10 Mar 2011


To ensure you are a real person signing up and to prevent automated signups (spamming) could we ask you to copy the letters and numbers shown below into the box.

(cAse SeNSItivE!)

There are no comments

Share this Article

Related Articles