Legal Article - Business Law

Advice on Changing the Trading Name of an MOT Centre

If you have an MOT centre, are a sole proprietor or partnership and you wish to change it to a limited company then there are a number of hoops that you have to jump through to satisfy VOSA.

One such hoop is having the existing lease being put in the name of the new company.

When the existing lease owners are also the Directors of the new company thus can be effectively and cheaply achieved by the creation of a licence rather than a lease.

A licence to occupy land can be created to provide a legal confrontational document meeting the requirements of VOSA without the need for a formal and usually expensive lease.

Published: 16 Mar 2011


To ensure you are a real person signing up and to prevent automated signups (spamming) could we ask you to copy the letters and numbers shown below into the box.

(cAse SeNSItivE!)

There are no comments

Share this Article

Related Articles